Name:
Location: NY

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Visa Pizza Italiano



A couple of years of DVR use led to the demise of this blog (seriously, what was that last post even about?). But traditional TV viewing is back, and I have quite a few commercials to write about. What better commercial to start with than this one, a spot that advertises delicious pizza a credit card! (ps I totally used code to make that strike-through. A glorious new era, indeed!)

This commercial isn't funny in the same sense as those I wrote about when this blog started. It is more funny-strange. Take away the text, the voiceover, and the two second shot of the credit card, and you'd never guess that this is advertising Visa. Here is a list of other products that this commercial makes me want:

1. pizza (duh)
This pizza appears to be delicious. Luckily, I live in NYC now and I can have delicious pizza anytime I want. I could write an entire book on my thoughts concerning pizza so I'm going to stop myself here.


2. this extremely romantic, yet fun, Italian restaurant

Some brief online investigation reveals that this was filmed in Argentina. Why, I couldn't say. But I have a feeling I will not be going to this restaurant anytime soon.


3. the pizzaiolo




Look at that grace! Look at that face! And it seems I am not the only one to be swooning over this man's beauty and pizza-tossing skills. In April of last year, Stuart Elliot of the New York Times responded to a reader's question as to this man's identity (scroll to the bottom!).

This pizzaiolo is named Juan Hermosillo and he is the captain of the US Pizza Team (There is such a thing? New life goal!). His bio is skimpy, but this video will tell you a little more about him.




4. a recording of "Mambo Italiano"


This Wikipedia article pretty much summarizes everything I was going to say about "Mambo Italiano". I will just add this song will always be associated with camp for me. Nothing like singing in PJs on bunk beds to a catchy tune like this!


5. mascara



I guess it's not really this woman's barely voluptuous lashes that leave me wanting mascara so much as the fact that dreamy pizzaiolo is reflected right below them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home