Name:
Location: NY

Friday, September 08, 2006

I am WOman

This Burger King commercial was one of the first that I liked enough to write about. I forgot about it for a while but today I remembered (thanks Matt!) and I have a little time so here it is:



I must say, I liked this commercial a lot more before I was empowered a couple of nights ago. Jeez, I wonder if they got in trouble for being sexist. Ok but anyway this isn't a serious blog so I won't write about that too much. Instead I'll write about the commercial and why I thought it was funny.

Well first of all, I liked it cause the main man is kinda cute in a way you don't usually see in commercials. And, for being so concerned about being manly, he's certainly dressed very nicely. I also like that he stood up and started singing in the middle of a restaurant. Sometimes I feel like doing that so I totally emphasize.

Ok, if he's gonna get mad about "chick food", I guess that gross thing he's served is something to get mad about. I mean, it just looks disgusting! What is it? A shrimp drizzled with grossness? Yuck. At least it doesn't even look that healthy. If it were something like a salad this commercial would turn from anti-small portions to anti-taking care of your heart, and that probably wouldn't be a good move on Burger King's part.

This commercial is really similar to the Maria Sharapova one in that there are TONS of people in it. I'll highlight some of my favorites:
The karate chop man who breaks a cinder block, the construction worker who punches his friend for the hell of it (or for the Whopper, I can't tell), and the man who pulls a dump truck filled with minivan. (ok i guess most of the other men just arent that distinguishable from the crowd).

The lyrics are something else I liked. Any commercial that can use both "I am incorrigible" and "Till my innie turns into an outie" within a minute is a little genius.

Going back to the appearance of that first guy, I guess none of the guys in this commercial are really super hottttt. I suppose it's to make this commercial appeal to the every-man (and not to the every-woman). I mean, I don't know if any of you guys will remember what this commercial was for, but I didn't- let alone go buy a double texas whatever. I saw that burger and threw up in my mouth a little. I mean, I like burgers a lot but man that's just too much meat.

And the conclusion of this post: I am a woman and this commercial was made for men so I did not buy a whopper whatever.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home